Saturday, August 27, 2005

Homemade Peach Ice Cream

Late August in Colorado means fresh peaches from our two peach trees. One year, we got a couple of hundred peaches, but this year was more typical and it was a few dozen. The birds and bugs like 'em as much as we do, so by time they get super ripe and sweet, they are often picked over a bit as can be seen here:


But while they look gnarly, these work just fine for homemade peach ice cream and the end result got a big thumbs up from my son Dirk and brother Myke.

P.S. I added a stamped concrete cam so that those interested can actually see the (slow) progress being made and will be able to see the concrete pour which I really hope will happen next week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lever said...

Dude, peach trees, home-made ice-cream and an awesome patio on an awesome pad - I gotta sell my 2 bed semi bungalow with no fruit trees and go live in the USA sometime LOL

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 3:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those don't LOOK gnarly, they are gnarly.

Monday, September 12, 2005 8:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess the bugs in those peaches give it some extra flavor.

Looks pretty good though I'd give it a shot.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 12:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such articles. I love to read blogs like that. BTW add some pics :)
PatrickJoy

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 4:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home