Thursday, July 28, 2005

North Pole Polar Bears

My wife works for a wildlife adventure travel company which sends people on churchill polar bear tours - Wendy says (from first hand experience) they are pretty darn cool. I haven't been on that trip ... although I did get to go on an African Safari a while back. So my dad Emails me these pictures which are described as coming from the USS Honolulu (a Los Angeles-class fast attack submarine) that was in the Arctic Circle about 280 miles from the North Pole. Here's a few more pictures of these North pole polar bears. While I'm sure the sub crew was pleasantly surprised to see 'em, I wonder what the polar bears thought seeing a big black object coming crashing up outa the ice. Not something you see every day! ;-)




3 Comments:

Blogger Jon Wade said...

Awesome, do you have more of those shots? Tonight I rode up to the top of the mountain here in Steamboat and gotmy first message that winter is on its way. I always love the first day every year that that feeling hits me.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every polar bear is from North Pole.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 12:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Jeff said...

Such a great article which the Arctic Circle about 280 miles from the North Pole. In which few more pictures of these North pole polar bears. While the sub crew was pleasantly surprised to see 'em, I wonder what the polar bears thought seeing a big black object coming crashing up outa the ice.Thanks for sharing this article.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home