Saturday, May 28, 2005

Dirk's Birthday

While I have passed my 40th birthday, my son Dirk turned 7 today - boy, they are growing fast. In addition to a bowling party with his friends, Wendy and I said we'd make any meal he wanted. Among his favorites that I thought he'd select are Flank Steak, BBQ Ribs or one of my other bbq grill recipes - although he's a bit young for a watermelon martini. But he picked ... McDonalds ... so we're off to the Golden Arches for a Happy meal for the Boys!

Update: In response to the questions about why Dirk picked Micky-D's, his response was "because McDonalds has Happy Meals and since it was my birthday, I got an extra one" - boy, my BBQ recipes can't compete with that! ;-) The bowling party was a lotta fun per the picture below. Kyle's shiner is from a collision with a hammock the day before - goes well with the Hulk shirt! While Dirk was the birthday boy, Kyle was the star at the lanes as he bowled a 100.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dirk!!!! I hope that you have a great day. I would have picked the BBQ ribs myself but the flank steak looks good too!

Saturday, May 28, 2005 3:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dirk!! Happy Birthday!!! I can't believe how fast you are growing up. What did the Hulk get you for your Birthday?

Dirk, you are a pretty smart guy so I have to ask why you choose Mc Donalds over some of your Daddy's Famous BBQ?

Saturday, May 28, 2005 3:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dirk, Are you going to let us know why you choose McDonald over Daddy's BBQ? Have fun at you bowling party.

Sunday, May 29, 2005 11:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Dirk! (Kyle, nice job rolling 100)

Sunday, May 29, 2005 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger marco said...

Çiçekçi
Çiçekçiler
Çiçek
Çiçek Gönder
thanks

Monday, October 01, 2007 9:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home