Thursday, January 06, 2005

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus ... but Alek's Christmas Lights Webcam is NOT real

The Wall Street Journal reports "High-Tech Holiday Light Display Draws Everyone But the Skeptics" that describes how I approached them to finally "come out" about my christmas lights webcam. I have a detailed explanation of the christmas hoax and also some comments on the media coverage including misc. corrections - needless to say, the press was not happy about the hoax and they hammered me a bit, but argueably got carried away a bit - for instance, Colleen Slevin from the Associated Press quoted someone who refuted it the very next morning. Plus Wayne Harrison and the Denver Channel seemed a bit annoyed. Even so, the response has been overwhelmingly positive. I'd encourage you to read my side of the story and then form your own opinion.

My 15 minutes of fame is just about over. It's been an interesting rocket-ride and if nothing else, I succeeded in providing some christmas cheer and then subsequently a good chuckle to a lot of folks. My life is returning to normal and I've neglected my family quite a bit during this whole affair, so I look forward to going back to being a husband, father ... and a geek! ;-)

christmas hoax

3 Comments:

Blogger Lever said...

Hey, Alek, looking forward to seeing ya back at DP and doing crazy things in general :D Just 'cos ya's busy is NO excuse.. ;)

Thursday, January 13, 2005 6:34:00 PM  
Blogger Vicious Summer said...

Classic, Alek, simply classic...hahaha

Tuesday, January 18, 2005 2:48:00 AM  
Blogger marco said...

Çiçekçi
Çiçekçiler
Çiçek
Çiçek Gönder
thanks

Monday, October 01, 2007 9:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home